Want to learn to make a healthy soda that’s packed with probiotics? Join Tom McElhaney as he demonstrates how to create this naturally fermented probiotic drink at home! You’ll learn how to prepare a “ginger bug” (or ginger starter) from scratch, how to flavor your ginger beer, and he’ll share key tips for troubleshooting when the process goes awry. You’ll leave with a kit including all of the things you’ll need to make a batch at home!
Classes are held at the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center. Pre-registration is required for in-person participation. To register, please contact Denise Senesac at 382-1004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Classes are capped at 10 participants to allow for social distancing. Enrollment is first-come, first-served. All classes are $30 or free for members of the Co-op’s Food For All program. Please register for classes at least one week in advance. Participants attending classes at the Career Center must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Wellness screening upon arrival, including a temperature check as well as a list of questions regarding symptoms
- Wearing a face covering while in the building. No exceptions.
- Encouraging good hand hygiene using soap and water when practical and hand sanitizer when not
- Maintaining a minimum of six feet (6’) between individuals in the building whenever possible
- Signing in and providing contact information when gathering in classrooms and other spaces for contact tracing purposes
Participants who are unable to adhere to the above guidelines or who would simply prefer to avoid gathering in person may opt to participate via Zoom at no cost. Pre-registration is required using the following link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.