Dried beans are having their heyday, with sales in the U.S. rocketing up over 70% this spring and online retailers such as Rancho Gordo reporting waiting lists for over 20 different bean varieties. And it makes perfect sense, as they provide an affordable, versatile, healthy, and delicious source of protein. If you stocked up on a jarful of dried beans and you’re finding yourself unsure of what to do next, this class is for you! Emily Fleming will share handy tips about how and when to pre-soak your beans, how long to cook them, and some great ideas for transforming a single pot of beans into several days worth of meals. You’ll leave with a meal kit including everything you need to whip up a batch at home!
Classes are held at the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center. Pre-registration is required for in-person participation. To register, please contact Denise Senesac at 382-1004 or email email@example.com. Classes are capped at 10 participants to allow for social distancing. Enrollment is first-come, first-served. All classes are $30 or free for members of the Co-op’s Food For All program. Please register for classes at least one week in advance. Participants attending classes at the Career Center must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Wellness screening upon arrival, including a temperature check as well as a list of questions regarding symptoms
- Wearing a face covering while in the building. No exceptions.
- Encouraging good hand hygiene using soap and water when practical and hand sanitizer when not
- Maintaining a minimum of six feet (6’) between individuals in the building whenever possible
- Signing in and providing contact information when gathering in classrooms and other spaces for contact tracing purposes
Participants who are unable to adhere to the above guidelines or who would simply prefer to avoid gathering in person may opt to participate via Zoom at no cost. Pre-registration is required using the following link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.