Round Up Your Totals at the Registers August 18-24 for Vermont Professionals of Color Network…The Co-op Will Match Your Donation!
Vermont Professionals of Color Network (VT PoC) is a community and network that promotes, supports, and affirms People of Color in a way that helps them succeed personally and professionally. Our network is built from within (“for us, by us”) and focuses on young people of color, professionals of color, businesses, and entrepreneurs of color, because prosperity starts with opportunities to climb the economic ladder. A prosperous BIPOC community is a good thing for ALL of Vermont!
At VT PoC, we have three core areas of focus:
1. Networking: the foundation of our organization, and is a mainstay of our offerings. Each quarter, VT PoC offers at least one in-person event for our members, as well as monthly virtual and in-person meet-ups.
2. Mentoring and Education: Empowerment comes from knowledge and access to knowledge; this helps us and our community to continue to grow. To us, mentoring is not just about the relationship between our youth members and experienced professionals.
3. Visibility through Advocacy: The visibility of BIPOC in Vermont is crucial to our mission. There are over 40,000 individuals identifying as People of Color in the state and about 60% live outside of Chittenden County. Yet, we are overlooked because we are not seen nor present at the “table”. Our goal is to increase the visibility of all groups, including non-profits, businesses, individuals – the entire community. We work to identify the barriers to access and break them down.
VT PoC is so grateful for the opportunity to participate in the Co-op’s Rally for Change! When you round up at the register for VT PoC, your donation will go towards:
● Promoting BIPOC professional development
● Supporting BIPOC entrepreneurship
● Empowering BIPOC youth
● Engaging in advocacy
● Paying for 3 full-time employees to grow and effectively run the organization
The Fam at Vermont Professionals of Color Network